Fairfax County Scholarship Process
The Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) provides registration fee scholarships and equipment vouchers to help eligible youth participate in sports programs in Fairfax County. This scholarship program provides assistance to youths from low income families who are not currently being served by existing scholarship or fee waiver programs.
If your child is not eligible for the Fairfax County Scholarship, please let our president know that you wish to request assistance with your registration fee. We have other sources of funding available to any child who wishes to play baseball and needs some assistance to make it happen. Your request will be confidential.
If you qualify for a scholarship, please submit an electronic image of your qualifying document as follows:
- Free/Reduced School Lunch Letter
- Medicaid/VA FAMIS Card
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Pgm (SNAP)/VA EBT Benefits Letter
- Housing Choice Section 8 Voucher Pgm Benefits Letter
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Benefits Letter
* acceptable electronic images include a document scanned into PDF or a picture taken with a phone if it is not blurry and is close up enough to read
Please email to our registrar Mariela Bradley at email@example.com
If you do not have access to a scanner or cell phone, you can mail a copy to:
Herndon Optimist Youth Baseball
P.O. Box 1771
Herndon, VA 20172